Join a very brave girl and her furry friends on an adventure to Read Island! Through the power of imagination and the pleasure of reading, this curious trio set sail for a magical island made of books. On their way they discover a joyful collection of animals converging by sea and land, just in time for an unforgettable story hour.
A rhyming celebration of nature, books and the importance of stories, Read Island invites you to experience the diversity and wonder of a hidden and wild place. In the company of sea wolves, humpback whales and spirit bears, readers will discover simple meditations that summon a magical destination – one filled with beloved friends, safe spaces and stories to be revisited again and again.
For make-believe though it may look,
There is an island made of books.
This world of stories, safe and true,
Is always here to welcome you.
Dimensions: 10.5in x 10.5in x 0.5in*All books are final sale and can not be returned
We are huge advocates for reading!
Much like the benefits of meditation, reading has been shown to:
- improves brain connectivity.
- empowers you to empathize with other people.
- aids in sleep readiness.
- reduces stress.
- lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
- fights depression symptoms.
- prevents cognitive decline as you age.
Meet the author
- Nicole Magistro is a professional reader and amateur mother who lives in the mountains of Colorado. She owned a bookstore for 15 years, wrote thousands of book reviews and memorized a few too many bedtime stories. Her favorite place in the world is the real Read Island, which inspired this story.
Meet the illustrator
- Alice Feagan grew up in a small town but has traveled the world many times over through the pages of her favorite books. This love of stories (and a mild obsession with art) inspired a career in illustration. Today, she is a children's book creator known for her distinct cut-paper collage style. When she is not writing or illustrating picture books Alice can be found hiking, creating, or reading with her two young sons. The Collectors was her authorial debut, and Read Island is the third book she has illustrated.